A bilateral meeting between Malta and Sicily was held at the Palazzo d’Orléans in Palermo to discuss the ongoing project to connect Malta to Sicily by a second electricity interconnector. The Maltese delegation, led by the Minister for the Environment, Energy and Enterprise Hon. Dr. Miriam Dalli, explained to the President of Sicily Sebastiano Musumeci about the importance of this project to improve the security of supply whilst also allowing the integration of more renewables. More information available at this link.
- Call for Tenders: Design, Supply and Installation of 245kV Transformer and Shunt Reactors for IC2
- Interconnect Malta welcomes ERA approval of Interconnector 2 environmental assessment
- Prior Information Notice Issued in Relation to the MT-IT 120km Subsea Interconnector (IC2) – Procurement of Reactors and Transformer
- Battery Energy Storage Systems at Delimara and Marsa get The Environmental Resources Authority’s Green Light
- Battery Energy Storage Systems announced at Delimara and Marsa Power Stations’ sites
No comments to show.